Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Good Guys

There were three reasons why I wanted to watch "The Good Guys" (premiere 5/30/10)

1.) Bradley Whitford, 2.) Colin Hanks, 3.) Matt Nix (creator of Burn Notice). I was looking forward to this comedy/action because I really liked Bradley Whitford in "The West Wing", I think Colin Hanks will follow grandly in his father's footsteps, and I enjoy the style and story of Burn Notice. I figured it could possibly be a perfect storm for FOX to rival NBC's "Chuck" comedy/action genre (and I'm a big fan of "Chuck"!). But I was wrong.

Here are the reasons I WON'T be watching "The Good Guys"
1.) Bradley Whitford. He looks bad... really bad. He wasn't ever the "cute one" (on "The West Wing" he stood next to Rob Lowe who covered that title pretty well) but he never looked bad. I'm guessing he gained the weight and did terrible things to his hair for the role, but it's so distracting. He goes on and on about "the good ol' days" and fights against those new-fangled devices called computers. I like Bradley Whitford, but not in this.
2.) It's cheeky... very cheeky. A 70's style cop show that had us remembering "Starsky & Hutch", but not in a good way. My husband liked it, I did not.
3.) It's kind of random. In the pilot episode there were two familiar faces (Nia Vardalos of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and character actor Tom Amandes of "Parenthood", "Eli Stone", and "Everwood") that we'll never get to see again. Really? Not that their characters were all that compelling, but were they there for only one episode? Random.

So I won't be turning into "The Good Guys" again. My husband said he might (good news for all those ad agencies looking for the 18-34 male demographic) but that's only if nothing else is on. Sorry Good Guys, the perfect storm missed on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment